APPLICATIONS for FALL 2024 COHORT
Application Opens: October 2, 2023 Closes: January 26, 2024
Applications are Online only.
Applications mailed or attempted hand-delivered will NOT be accepted.
Application link is live and posted below
Be sure to read through all of this information and follow the Application Instructions closely as some items have changed.
Click here for APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Have completed and filed an SRJC College Application and have an SID#. Enrollment is online and free of charge: Apply here
- Complete ALL program prerequisite courses by the end of the fall 2023 - no exceptions. No in progress courses accepted.
- Meet the minimum Grade Point Average:
- Grades from the science prerequisite courses must average a minimum GPA of 2.7.
- Grades from the non-science prerequisite courses must average a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Review Associate Degree Major: Requirements in the SRJC catalog or the online schedule for details. These courses must be completed before you will be granted graduation status from the Dental Hygiene program. Please speak to a SRJC Health Science counselor to determine the courses you will need to complete for your Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene (information below).
- Be informed: In accordance with state law, the Dental Hygiene Committee of California may deny licensure for crimes that could substantially impact practitioners in the dental field. This includes convictions involving sex crimes, drug crimes (including DUI), and crimes of violence. It is the responsibility of the applicant to present sufficient evidence of rehabilitation to the DHCC prior to application for licensure. Questions that students may have related to possible denial for licensure should be referred to: Dental Hygiene Committee of California, 2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1050 Sacramento, CA 95825.
- Be substance abuse free for a minimum of two years as substantiated by a Rehabilitation Center attending physician.
- Read, write, and comprehend English to be able to effectively communicate with patients, faculty and staff.
- Possess the Technical Standards as described under General Information on this Web site.
NEW: Starting the 2023 application cycle for 2024 admission
- For any prerequisites taken at SRJC: include a copy of your unofficial SRJC transcript with your online application. You do not need to order official copies of your SRJC transcript to have sent to A&R. Not including your unofficial SRJC transcript will jeopardize your eligibility for lottery. Screenshots of your SRJC transcript will not be accepted.
- For prerequisites taken at colleges other than SRJC: all official transcripts must be sent directly to Admissions & Records (A&R). You will not attach copies of your transcripts from other colleges with your online application. Official transcripts not on file with Admissions & Records by February 2, 2024, will jeopardize your eligibility for the lottery.
Important Information Regarding Your Transcripts:
- Read through the Application Instructions for specific information on how how to submit your transcripts to Admissions & Records: Application Instructions.
- If you have transcripts from institutions other than SRJC, please request a Transfer Credit Evaluation of your transcripts from Admissions and Records. This can help you determine if there are deficiencies in your prerequisites.
- Applications that do not have all official transcripts on file with A&R by February 2, 2024, will be considered incomplete and not eligible for review and submission to the lottery.
- You are highly encouraged to meet with an SRJC Counselor to help determine if you have met the DH program prerequisites, including the minimum required GPA for both Science and Non-Science Prerequisites as well as the DH major and General Ed Associate's Degree requirements. Please check the Counseling website for remote or in-person appointments or drop-in times as well as for up-to-date business hours and locations.
- It is recommended that all classes for the GE requirement are taken prior to beginning the Dental Hygiene program. The program is a full-time commitment; if courses outside the program are needed for graduation, it may prove difficult to meet the demands of the Program. All students who graduate from the SRJC Dental Hygiene Program must complete the SRJC degree requirements before they will qualify to be licensed by the State of California.
- The Dental Hygiene Program Director does not have information to answer your equivalency questions.
- You must read and follow the Application Instructions.
- Click here for APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- You must submit your completed online application and have all transcripts (as appropriate) received by Admissions & Records by the deadlines listed below.
- You will not be able to submit your application without all of the above. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed and will not be eligible for lottery.
- Staff in the Health Sciences Department and Dental Faculty will not review your application to inform you of any missing or incomplete items so we encourage you to read the Dental Programs website thoroughly and follow the instructions on these pages and on the application.
APPLICATION LINK for Fall 2024 cohort:
Application opens 8 a.m., October 2, 2023 and closes 5 p.m., January 26, 2024.
Plan accordingly: You will not be able to access the application after the deadline.
- Transcripts must be on file in A&R by: 5 p.m., February 2, 2024.