FALL 2023 COHORT
Application Opens: October 3, 2022 - 8am Closes: January 31, 2023 - 5pm
Effective Fall 2022: Applications are Online only.
Applications mailed or attempted hand-delivered will NOT be accepted.
Application link will be posted below on 10/3, 8am
Be sure to read through all of this information and follow the Application Instructions closely.
- Have completed and filed an SRJC College Application and have an SID#. Enrollment is online and free of charge: Apply here
- Complete ALL program prerequisite courses by the end of the fall 2022.
- Meet the minimum Grade Point Average:
- Grades from the science prerequisite courses must average a minimum GPA of 2.7.
- Grades from the non-science prerequisite courses must average a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Review Associate Degree Major: Requirements in the SRJC catalog or the online schedule for details. These courses must be completed before you will be granted graduation status from the Dental Hygiene program. Please speak to a SRJC Health Science counselor to determine the courses you will need to complete for your Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene (information below).
- Be informed: In accordance with state law, the Dental Hygiene Committee of California may deny licensure for crimes that could substantially impact practitioners in the dental field. This includes convictions involving sex crimes, drug crimes (including DUI), and crimes of violence. It is the responsibility of the applicant to present sufficient evidence of rehabilitation to the DHCC prior to application for licensure. Questions that students may have related to possible denial for licensure should be referred to: Dental Hygiene Committee of California, 2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1050 Sacramento, CA 95825.
- Be substance abuse free for a minimum of two years as substantiated by a Rehabilitation Center attending physician.
- Read, write, and comprehend English to be able to effectively communicate with patients, faculty and staff.
- Possess the Technical Standards as described under General Information on this Web site.
NEW: Starting the 2022 application cycle for 2023 admission
All official transcripts must be sent directly to Admissions & Records (A&R) with unofficial copies uploaded with your online application.
Important Information Regarding Your Transcripts:
- Read through the Application Instructions below for specific information.
- We recommend submitting your official transcripts in advance to the Admissions & Records Department.
- Instructions on how to submit official transcripts to the college are on A&R's website here.
- If you have transcripts from institutions other than SRJC, please request a Transfer Credit Evaluation of your transcripts from Admissions and Records. This can help you determine if there are deficiencies in your prerequisites.
- Applications that do not have all official transcripts on file with A&R by February 6, 2023, will be considered incomplete and not eligible for review for the lottery.
- You can meet with an SRJC Counselor to help determine if you have met the DH program prerequisites, as well as the DH major and General Ed Associate's Degree requirements. Please check the Counseling website for remote or in-person appointments or drop-in times as well as for up-to-date business hours and locations.
- It is highly recommended that all classes for the GE requirement are taken prior to beginning the Dental Hygiene program. The program is a full-time commitment; if courses outside the program are needed for graduation, it may prove difficult to meet the demands of the Program. All students who graduate from the SRJC Dental Hygiene Program must complete the SRJC degree requirements before they will qualify to be licensed by the State of California.
- The Dental Hygiene Program Director does not have this information to answer your equivalency questions.
- You must read and follow the Application Instructions
- You must submit your completed online application, including all required prerequisites and transcripts from all institutions, by the deadline.
- You will not be able to submit your application without all of the above. Incomplete applications will not be considered eligible for lottery.
Dental Hygiene Fall 2023 Cohort Application Link posted here at 8am, 10/3.
- Application opens 8am, October 3, 2022 and closes 5pm, January 31, 2023.
Plan accordingly: You will not be able to access your application after 5pm, on January 31.